Thursday, May 12, 2011

One Of Those Awful Wedding Posts

Probably the only thing I have been doing consistently during the last three weeks, besides missing Luke, is planning. Before I left Provo, our wonderful friends, Lisa and Tyler Lewis, created a beautiful design for our wedding invitation. I printed tons of those, and then my mom printed tons of pictures and now we have a complete product.

Isn't that just great? I think we're pretty classy.

Yesterday, I went over to the house of my dearly beloved sewing teacher from years ago and watched her make a veil for me. The idea was that she would help me make it, but I forgot that she is the nicest lady in the world.

She added those beautiful flowers and pearls and shiny things, and even wearing it in my unwashed hair with jean on, I felt surprisingly princess-esque.

That picture is so tiny because I took it on my cell phone, turned around backwards in the mirror. It was was reminiscent of my Myspace days, when angles were everything.

While in Georgia, Andy and I worked on wedding decor nearly every day. I will probably post picture of the crepe paper flowers and branches and birds when I actually put it together, but it will look something like this. In the meantime, here are the letters we made for the favor table:


I had never used a Cricut before, and it was a singular experience. I imagine the birds on either side of the letters, maybe holding up some kind ribbon, I really don't know. I think I just keep imagining those birds on Cinderella that are always in pairs and carrying things around.

Andy made this amazing little plaque/board/sign thing for me to display at the wedding, and then take home and put in the house that I will share with a man (that concept is still pretty weird for me).

I feel like I cannot long delay the day when decor that is not of my choosing will adorn the walls of my house, gifts from those who don't know me well or products of Relief Society activities.

mmmm....thanks. also, you really can find anything on Google.

But until then, I can look at my cute little board and know that it is exactly what I want. I have so many great people helping me out with all those oddly fun girly stuff. Life's pretty great.

5 comments:

  1. Alright, I don't know why it says my name is Jayne...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you. You're a real girl now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i saw that someone named jayne commented on my blog, my first thought was that the lady whose clock that is saw my post and got offended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha what kind of person gets offended over their things on other people's blogs? ...oops.

    I love your veil. I LOVE it. You should give it to me when you're done with it. It's okay if you're never done with it though. I'll just spend the rest of my life wishing you'd leave it at my house or car by accident or something. In my head you wear it on the honeymoon and I have chances to steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wedding!!! I can't wait to stick that announcement on the fridge!! It will definitely be the cutest one up there and we will have no criticism for it

    ReplyDelete